8/12/2008

The Dragon of Grindly Grun


I'm the Dragon of Grindly Grun,
I breathe fire as hot as the sun.
When a knight comes to fight
I just toast him on sight,
Like a hot crispy cinnamon bun.

When I see a fair damsel go by,
I just sigh a fiery sigh,
And she'd baked like a 'tater-
I think of her later
With a romantic tear in my eye.

I'm the Dragon of Grindly Grun,
But my lunches aren't very much fun,
For I like my damsels medium rare,
and they always come out well done.

BY
Shel Silverstein

4 comments:

WomanHonorThyself said...

sheesh..why's he pickin on damsels?..lol

Anonymous said...

That's macabre.

Brooke said...

Most kid's tales are, when you pare them down.

nanc said...

i've always said i like my small children medium rare with a side of hashbrowns and gravy...my own get a big kick out of it.

we NEVER read them nursery rhymes as toddlers - they are scary.

that's a shel i've never heard of before.