8/28/2008

Tim Pawlenty Our Next Vice President (OOPS)




Governor Pawlenty grew up in South St. Paul, Minnesota. The only child in his family to graduate from college, he attended the University of Minnesota (B.A., J.D.) and practiced law in the private sector. His public service career includes serving as a city councilmember and ten-year member of the Minnesota House of Representatives, including four years as House Majority Leader.

As Governor, he has balanced Minnesota's budget three times without raising taxes, despite facing record budget deficits. Governor Pawlenty's most notable accomplishments include proposing and signing into law significant new benefits for veterans and members of the military; enacting a property tax cap, eliminating the marriage penalty and cutting taxes; toughening the state's education standards; reforming the way teachers are paid through a nation-leading performance pay plan; instituting free-market health care reforms that increase accountability and provide tax credits to encourage the use of health savings accounts; and implementing a plan to Americanize our energy sources by generating 25% of the state's electricity from renewable sources by 2025.

Under Governor Pawlenty's leadership, Minnesota leads the nation in a variety of measures. Minnesota ranks first among states in Fortune 500 companies per capita, first in overall quality of life, first in homeownership, first in percentage of residents with a high school diploma, and first in residents over 25 with a bachelors degree. Minnesota has the highest average ACT scores in the nation and was recently named the "Healthiest State in America."

15 comments:

Shaina said...

So, let us know when you are moving to Minnesota, we'll make sure to look in the same area as you so the cousins can play.

Papa Frank said...

It will certainly be next to a lake where I can fish for walleye. How do you feel about making cornbread and fried potatoes? I'll make sure to have lemonade and fresh fruit for dessert. PARTY ON!!!

Shaina said...

Yes, but the most important thing... what will the theme be?

Papa Frank said...

I'm sure this will also provide paw-lenty of jokes as well!!!

Shaina said...

This only makes me laugh because with 3 !'s you must have been pretty excited for such a lame "joke"! Is that what you call that anyway? A joke? Paw-lenty?

nanc said...

Shaina-You "know" guys...and their "jokes". Some of which endanger life and limb...or sanity! LOL!
Good morning, G*D bless and Maranatha!

tmw

nanc said...

pawlenty is saying he's not the choice.

palin's the talk of the morning.

ummm, tmw...how'd you sign in with my alter ego?

nanc said...

Shaina-You "know" guys...and their "jokes". Some of which endanger life and limb...or sanity! LOL!
Good morning, G*D bless and Maranatha!

tmw

6:01 AM

Papa Frank said...

OK -- so I was wrong. Congrats to Palin!!!

Z said...

CELEBRATE PALIN this well, Pops!
I'm trying to get a bunch of info on her ... if you hear anything, I hope I can cut/paste from your blog..I asked nanc to drop info at geeez, too, nice to amass a lot of information on Palin.........see what we've got.
So far, SO GOOD!!! HURRAH
SOLID pro life...SOLID gun toter...solid family woman...tough, apparently. yipppeeee!!

Papa Frank said...

I'm at work now Z so I'm limited as to what I can do here but as soon as I get home I'll be getting something up. I don't know a whole lot about her but I do look forward to finding ou. As far as gun rights go I think it's illegal to go out in Alaska WITHOUT a gun. LOL!!!

Ducky's here said...

Sorry, he got beat out by Miss Wasilla, 1984.

Candidate McCheese decided to go for foreign policy experience. Although the bimbo is an Alaskan Republican who hasn't been in front of a grand jury this year which makes her unique.

Mad Zionist said...

Palin is a brilliant choice. I'm so, so excited right now!

cube said...

Palin is either a brilliant stroke of political genius choice or a stinker on ice.

I'm hoping for the brilliant stroke choice!!!!!

Let's hope everyone else thinks so too in November.

Shaina said...

Hopefully we'll win all the Clinton "its time a woman was president" votes away, which I estimate is about 75%. Hurray! Too bad they picked an old white guy, our team already has one of those!

Yehudi said...

I just don't think he'd be as good as some others...boy, I sure hope McCain picks Sarah Palin from Alaska. Nobody has really mentioned her...but I think she'd be amazing! I emailed John McCain earlier and shared my thoughts with him.