4/19/2008

Birthday Update


We're having a great day!!! Kim and the girls let me sleep in this morning until almost 10:00 AM. Normally my alarm goes off at 5:15 AM. After a breakfast consisting of chocolate donuts that my girls picked out for me we went to the mall. A carousel ride, a walk through the Disney store and we were back on the road. On our way home we stopped at a couple of garage sales and got some clothes for the girls and some jars for canning. After lunch the girls took a nap and Kim and I got a little bit of quiet (and yet a little rowdy) time together. This afternoon was nice outside and the girls put their artistic skills to work to draw a picture of me in chalk. If this doesn't sound like your ideal birthday, I apologize. For me it was perfect!!! After all, what are birthdays for if not for showing the ones that we love that we truly KNOW them. This lazy day was a gift for me and I will treasure it. Thank you family for your love!!!

11 comments:

Rita Loca said...

It sounds perfect!

Papa Frank said...

I was hoping to make it a little more eventful, but it sounds like we did great. I know that my heart is much fuller after the time together. - Frank Mommy

nanc said...

i have a great project you can do with chalk, salt, some jars and at least two small children...oh, and you need some shiskabob skewers!

put about 1/2 cup of salt each onto several plates

take your sidewalk chalk - different colors for each plate

roll each color chalk into each plate of chalk - this colors the salt - until the desired color

layer differing colors of the now colored salt into jars

take a skewer and push it down along the inside edge of the jars (you can also use decorative decanters) - this will create a spiky effect.

this was fun with mine a few years ago - annnnnnd, we still have many of their creations ALL OVER the cabin on shelves - be sure to put a tight fitting lid on the jars or decanters.

you can also add things to it such as sea shells and rocks.

glad you had the time of your life.

*8]

Yehudi said...

What does it mean when you say, "...and yet a little rowdy..." Can you explain what that means, exactly? Hehehe...

Papa Frank said...

Daniel, he's not allowed to expand on that information (hee, hee) - Frank Mommy

Papa Frank said...

Apparently that particular phrase must stand on its own. Suffice to say that I would strongly recommend it!!! :)

The Merry Widow said...

Husbands and wives need to "play" too. My Mother reminded me of that when my son was born... ;-}

tmw

Z said...

rowdy is good!

nanc said...

i like rowdy!

*;]

Anonymous said...

Oh my....you rowdy people, you. ;-)

Happy Birthday, Jason!!!
You're a blessed man.

I love the shot of the chalk.

Michael said...

That sounds like a great birthday. You're only as old you feel, so you must be about 12...